Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Daily Guidance

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"When I joined the Soka Gakkai, there were only some 500 or 600 active members. It was a small and totally unknown organization. Over the last six decades, it has overcome every obstacle and spread to 190 countries and territories, becoming the strong and solid organization it is today, shining as the hope of all humanity."
In 'On Practicing the Buddha's Teachings,' Nichiren Daishonin writes: 'What is more, once you become a disciple or lay supporter of the votary who practices the true Lotus Sutra in accord with the Buddha's teachings, you are bound to face the three types of enemies' (WND-1, 391). With that clear awareness, my wife and I have fought against these formidable enemies of Buddhism. We protected our mentor Mr. Toda with our lives."

--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"This I will state. Let the gods forsake me. Let all persecutions assail me. Still I will give my life for the sake of the Law."
(The Blessings of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin,Vol.1, page 280)

No comments: