Monday, September 29, 2008

Daily Guidance

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"I would like to share a passage from a letter that Nichiren Daishonin wrote to Sage Nichimyo, the mother of Oto Gozen:
"'I know your faith has always been admirable, but now you must strengthen it more than ever. Only then will the ten demon daughters lend you even greater protection. You need not seek far for an example. Everyone in Japan, from the sovereign on down to the common people, without exception has tried to do me harm, but I have survived until this day. You should realise that this is because, although I am alone, I have firm faith.' (WND-1, 614)
"This was the staunch and unwavering conviction of the Daishonin, who had triumphed over innumerable daunting obstacles and persecutions."
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"From now on too, no matter what may happen, you must not slacken in the least. You must raise your voice all the more and admonish [those who slander]."
(Kamatari Suggests the Fashioning of a Buddha Image - The dWritings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 597)

No comments: