Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Daily Guidance

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
""...one of the titles of the Buddha is 'One Who Can Endure.' With the great power of endurance, build a life as indestructible and imperishable as a diamond.
''Don’t be defeated!''Resolutely take the lead!'-- my mentor's voice still resonates powerfully in the depths of my being.
"My mentor Josei Toda rousingly encouraged a suffering friend, saying:
"All people face periods of despair. But if we endure such times and ride them through, then all those problems and worries will later come to seem small and insignificant. Nothing can obstruct the tremendous power of theMystic Law. If you rise up boldly in the face of devilish functions with the firm resolve to battle them head-on and win, they'll beat a hasty retreat. No matter what happens, just keep sending them flying!"

--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"When someone reported to me, however, that you had been taken with this illness, day and night, morning and evening I addressed the Lotus Sutra on the matter, morning and evening I implored the gods of the blue heavens. And now today I have received word that you have recovered from illness. Could any tidings be more joyful than these?"
(Recovering from Illness - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 1034)

No comments: