Monday, January 21, 2008

Daily Guidance

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"The Russian author Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) declared: 'When I say, "I can't do that," I don't express myself correctly, I should say, "I haven't been able to do it yet." I definitely know that every minute I can do what I want.' The future, what we do from now on, is what counts. Let's all make this a year in which we break through our limitations and create a record of new achievements."

--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"(The eighth volume of Great Concentration and Insight states: 'Just as the petty devils will respect and avoid entering the hall of the god Shakra, so if the gods who protect the place of Buddhist practise are powerful, then evil forces will have no way to break in and cause trouble.) Likewise, if the ruler of a walled city is unbending, then those who guard the city will remain firm."
(How the Gods Protect the Place of Practice - The Writings of NichirenDaishonin, Vol. 2, page 668)

No comments: