Saturday, January 26, 2008

Daily Guidance

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"It was in 1969 that I received a very courteous letter from the great British historian Dr. Arnold J. Toynbee (1889-1975) inviting me to engage in a dialogue with him about the various challenges facing humanity.... The very first thing Dr. Toynbee said to me was, 'Let's talk!' I hope all of you will join me again this year in stirring up a whirlwind of dialogue across the globe."

--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"And could not this illness of your husband's be the Buddha's design, because the Vimalakirti and Nirvana sutras both teach that sick people will surely attain Buddhahood? Illness gives rise to the resolve to attain the way."
(The Good Medicine for All Ills - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 937)

No comments: