Thursday, February 28, 2008

Daily Guidance

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"I’d like to share with you some words of the great Chinese military strategist Zhuge Liang (181-234), who is portrayed in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
"'Though you may be treated with deference, never become conceited.' This is a lesson that top leaders, in particular, must reflect on every day.
"'Though you may be entrusted with authority, never become dictatorial.' In other words, you must always seek out the counsel and opinions of others, and not become autocratic and overbearing.
"'Never try to hide the help you receive from others.' And likewise, never forget to have appreciation for those who lend you their support and assistance.
"There have been many times when a single young women's or women's division member has protected the Soka Gakkai. I'll never forget the profound debt we owe to these precious individuals."

--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"Thoughtful persons should therefore realise that I have met these trials for their sake. If they were people who understood their obligations or were capable of reason, then out of two blows that fall on me, they would receive one in my stead. But far from it -- rather, they arouse hatred towards me, which is something I cannot understand."
(Reply to Yasaburo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 828)

No comments: