Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Daily Guidance

---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"A true lion, a person of genuine courage, stands up to those who use their authority to exploit or intimidate others. Mr. Toda was such a lion. In the course of our struggle -- which could also be described as a fierce battle for human rights here in Japan -- I always rushed to my mentor's side whenever he called me, even if it was the middle of the night. His tough yet compassionate training made me into the person I am. On his release from prison for his opposition to the demands of the all-powerful militarist authorities, Mr. Toda's health was seriously compromised, but his heart burned with even greater fervour than before. In the midst of adversity, he once said to me: 'I’m a lion. Daisaku, you're a lion, too. 'Lion' is a symbol for the oneness of mentor and disciple. Both the mentor and the disciple must boldly keep on winning.' I will never forget those words. They will always remain indelibly engraved in my heart. I have fought like a lion all my life. And I have won. I want the youth to fight like lions, too, and triumph in every struggle. I'm counting on you!"
"In the severe economic downturn the world is currently facing, it is all the more important for our members everywhere to bravely weather and triumph over every obstacle with the tremendous life-force of a charging lion."
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"Now, no matter what, strive in faith and be known as a votary of the Lotus Sutra, and remain my disciple for the rest of your life. If you are of the same mind as Nichiren, you must be a Bodhisattva of the Earth."
(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin,Vol.1, page 385)

No comments: